Frequently Asked Questions for Your Assistance
How Much Does It Cost to Be a Member of Premier Medical Center?
- Membership price depends on age. Children from birth to age 19 are $49/month, adults ages 20-39 are $99/month, ages 40-49 are $149/month, and individuals age 50+ are $199/month. Families will pay for their first two children, and any additional children will be included under the family membership. There is no registration fee, however, we require the first three months to be paid when you sign up for membership. You may cancel any time after your initial three-month membership. If you re-enroll at a later date you will be required to pay the initial three months of membership upfront again. Enrollment is subject to space availability at Premier Medical Center, which helps us manage our patient load. That means our providers always have adequate time to see you when you need to be seen, and they never need to rush through your appointment. Scroll down to read more Premier Medical Center FAQs.
How Does This Work With Medical Insurance?
- We encourage everyone to maintain some sort of insurance coverage for the infrequent health and medical occurrences that we can’t take care of in the office. Many of our members pair their Premier Medical Center membership with a higher deductible plan or lower-cost supplement. Insurance plans don't typically cover our membership fees.
How Do the Doctors Have Time to Offer “unlimited” Primary Care Services?
- We limit the number of patients per provider to less than one-fourth of the number of patients seen by a traditional primary care practice. Consequently, our providers have much more time to spend focusing on what’s important: YOU AND YOUR HEALTH.
What About Pre-existing Conditions?
- Pre-existing conditions are always covered, so long as they are things a primary care provider typically cares for. Should you still have any questions or concerns about this, you will meet with a provider for a free consultation prior to signing up for membership. This allows our providers a chance to review and ask questions about your healthcare needs, as well as an opportunity for you to ask questions of us to assure a good patient-provider fit.
What if I Don’t Have Medical Insurance?
- You can still join our practice. Many of our patients don’t have medical insurance, but they still joined Premier Medical Center for access to our affordable primary care services.
Can I Have Just My Child on a Membership?
- Yes. A children’s membership without an accompanying adult membership is $99/month.
Is This Health Insurance?
- No. Just like a gym membership, you’re paying for access to our practice and the services we provide. How much you use it is up to you. Your membership includes any services provided by Premier Medical Center. Please remember, your membership fee does not cover third-party services such as specialty care, emergency room visits, hospitalizations, and other healthcare-related services that may be covered by a health insurance plan. Check here to see what’s covered.
Is There a Long-term Contract?
- No. You can cancel at any time and there’s no cancellation fee. However, there are no refunds for fees already paid. Also, if you cancel prior to the end of your first three months, you will not receive a refund.
Can I Become a Member if I Am Covered by Medicare?
- Of course. Currently, Medicare doesn't reimburse for the membership fee; it’s always the patient’s responsibility. But our direct primary care is a great companion to Medicare, and many of our patients are enrolled in both.
What if I’m on Vacation or Out of Town and I Get Sick? Am I Just on My Own?
- No. Getting injured or sick on vacation is no fun. If you find yourself with a medical issue while traveling, contact us! You can call one of our providers, send a text message, send a picture of a rash or other issue, or you can Facetime with us. Often we can call in a prescription to get you back to enjoying your vacation in no time.
What if I Need Lab Work?
- If you have an insurance plan, we direct the lab to submit it to your insurance. If you prefer to pay directly, we’ve formed relationships with some of the top local and national laboratories to offer more affordable direct-pay fees. In any case, most of our lab prices are lower than what you’ll pay at the annual spring health fair.
I Only Go to the Doctor Once or Twice a Year. Why Would I Want to Pay for Service All Year Long?
- We look forward to seeing our patients in the office. It helps us get to know you, your health history, and your health goals. But once a patient experiences how simple and pleasant it is to interact with us by phone, text, email, and Facetime, we often become more of a trusted health advisor between visits to the office. Again, the choice is entirely up to you on how frequently you access our direct primary care services.